EXERCISE SAHEL SANITY: GENERAL OLONISAKIN ASSURES NIG ARMY OF DEFENCE HEADQUARTERS’ SUPPORT TO END BANDITRY IN NIGERIA-
- The Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) General Abayomi Gabriel Olonisakin has commended the initiative, organization and resilience of the Nigerian Army (NA) in the ongoing Exercise SAHEL SANITY which is intended to effectively end the insecurity in the North West (NW).
- He made the commendation during his operational visit and address to troops of Exercise SAHEL SANITY on Monday the 13th of July 2020 at the Army Special Super Camp 4 Faskari Katsina State, where he charged them to flush out bandits, kidnappers and other criminal elements in the region.
- While extolling the leadership, officers and men of the NA for a successful Exercise so far, he urged that though the Step Up Headquarters is in Faskari in Katsina State, there is need to consolidate on putting up blocking forces in the contigious States of Kaduna, Kebbi, Niger, Sokoto and Zamfara so that the criminals will not have ease of action or movement.
- General Olonisakin states “I am happy to note this operation is not limited to Katsina and Zamfara States, as you have already assigned blocking forces in the contigious states of Kaduna, kebbi, Niger Sokoto and Zamfara States and i urged you to consolidate on that to deny the bandits ease of action and movement”.
- He also applauded the NA and sister services for protecting the sovereignty, territorial intergrity of Nigeria and for checkmating banditry activities in the NW.
- According to him – “From the briefing I received and what I saw, there is no doubt banditry will soon be a thing of the past in Nigeria” – Gen Olonisakin stated.
- Accordingly, Gen Olonisakin said that he was impressed with level of preparedness for the operation and the layout of the Super Camp. He, therefore, Commends the initiative of the Chief of Army Staff Lt Gen TY Buratai for the noble Super Camp Concept and the commitment and resilience of all the personnel taking part in the exercise.
- He opines that super camp concept is one of the strategies to professionally better position the NA to face the current challenges and it is a commendable initiative on the part of the NA’s leadership.
- He also assures the COAS of the support of the Defence Headquarters in whatever may be required towards achieving the end state of the exercise.
- He used the opportunity to thank the President, Commander In Chief, President Muhammadu Buhari for his numerous supports and invaluable guidance to the Armed Forces of Nigeria and reiterate the commitment and loyalty of the Nigerian Military to the President and Commander In Chief.
- Earlier in his welcome address the COAS thanks the CDS for finding time to visit the troops which is a morale booster to the troops on the exercise and the entire officers and men of the NA. He assured the CDS of the readiness, Commitment, determination and loyalty of the Nigerian Army to combat all forms of security challenges facing the nation.
- Gen Olonisakin was accompanied on the visit by the Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Ibok Ete Ibas, represented by Rear Admiral TT Dakwat and Chief of Air Staff, Air Vice Marshal Sadiq Baba Abubakar represented by Air Vice Marshall IO Amao.
Business10 hours ago
Stanbic IBTC Celebrates Children’s Day, Reiterates Commitment to the Wellbeing of the Nigerian Child
Business19 hours ago
Zenith Bank’s Ebenezer Onyeagwu Named Best Banking CEO Of The Year 2023
Business19 hours ago
2023 WORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY: POLARIS BANK RESTATES COMMITMENT TO ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY IN NIGERIA.
Business2 days ago
Unity Bank Grows Gross Earnings to N57Billion in 2022FY, Builds Momentum as Profit Grows by 21% in Q1/2023
Politics2 days ago
Charly Boy Exposes President Tinubu’s ‘Real Age’, Shares Old
Politics3 days ago
Fayemi speaks out about the EFCC investigation into suspected N4bn fraud.
Business3 days ago
Sterling Bank Declares Bounty At 61st AGM
Business4 days ago
Polaris Bank Affirms Transparency In Bank’s Acquisition Process In Leaked Email
Business5 days ago
Access Bank Launches French Desk to Strengthen Nigeria, France Economic Ties
Press Release5 days ago
Viju Milk Drink exemplifies the spirit of World Milk Day by promoting the consumption of milk
Business6 days ago
Fidelity Bank MD, Nneka Onyeali-Ikpe Gets National Award
Business6 days ago
Zenith Bank Wins ‘Best Corporate Governance Financial Services’ in Africa Award for the Fourth Consecutive Time
News6 days ago
42-year-old Suleiman Usman Sentenced to life Imprisonment for Defiling his Daughter.
Business1 week ago
FirstBank Donates Modern Healthcare Centre To Lagos Community
Breaking News1 week ago