Ondo State Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu, says contrary to reports, he was not disqualified by the All Progressives Congress Screening Committee ahead of the party primary scheduled for July 20.
Akeredolu and 11 other aspirants of the APC were screened by the committee last week but it was gathered that one of them was disqualified by the committee. Though the identity of the disqualified aspirant was yet to be revealed.
In a statement issued on Sunday by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Ojo Oyewamide, the governor said the news of his disqualification was untrue, describing the news as another distraction unleashed with the aim of deceiving his supporters across the state.
The statement read, “This is yet another distraction unleashed with the aim of deceiving the unsuspecting public and diverting attention from the self-imposed pains on the part of those behind the story.
“It is clearly, coming from those who have chosen the perfidious political path.
“Governor Akeredolu is not just participating at the party primary. He shall be re-elected by the Grace of God come October 10, 2020.”